- Members are entitled to join CAGC committees and contribute to projects that promote the genetic counselling profession in Canada.
- Full members are granted voting authority on important issues brought forward at the annual general meeting.
- Representatives from the CAGC have input into clinical practice guidelines issued by the Canadian College of Medical Geneticists, and the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada.
- Access to the CAGC e-mail listserv, which is an excellent forum for sharing information and networking.
- Online membership directory, which provides contact information for all CAGC members worldwide.
- Communities of practice, smaller groups of members with a focus on a particular area of practice.
Resources for your practice
- Access to resources useful in clinical care
- Access to list of key journal and review articles by area of practice
- Access to the CAGC Genetics Knowledge Dissemination Speaker's Bursary, which supports genetic counsellors at non-genetics conferences.
- Direct e-mail notification of job postings to CAGC members.
- Access to Professional Status Survey, including information regarding genetic counsellor salary, benefits and other aspects of the work environment.
- Discounted rates for the Annual Education Conference.
- Access to CAGC’s newsletter “Buzz from the Board".
- Knowledge Questions